We currently have a lot of kernels in our repository and our goal is to have maintain as few as possible, mainly mainline upstream kernels.
So this list is just show what kernels we have, and which are getting used in a profile.
I will list the kernels in 3 categories. "Used in profile", "Not used in profile" and "Removed kernels". A check means it's a kernel that needs to be kept and a reason should be appended to the entry.
Used in profile
- linux (upstream mainline kernel)
- linux-rpi4 (upstream does not have good enough support yet)
- linux-pinephone (used in PinePhone profile, hopefully mainline support soon)
linux-vim (currently used in vim profiles, should be shifted to
linuxwhen it gets sound support)
Not used in profiles
- linux-rc (used to test new features in the upcoming release)
- linux-rpi4-mainline (based on stable kernel branch while regular linux-rpi4 is based on LTS)
- linux-pine64 (currently used in pinebook profile, linux-aarch64 5.7 might replace it)
- linux-next (bleeding edge upstream kernel, maybe RC's are enough?)
- linux-aarch64-udl (is in community repo, was used for satellite specific profiles)
- linux-rpi4-next (test kernel to try new LTS for rpi4, can be removed when linux-rpi4 goes to 5.4)
- linux-pinebookpro (Keep as a fallback for a kernel release or two)