Discover has for a long time displayed an error after completing offline updates. There has been several attempts to fix this before, but seems it has been unsuccessful.
The issue is unique to our Plasma Mobile images:
- There is no error on updating with Discover on Arch Linux x64.
- There is no error on updating with Discover on Manjaro x64.
- There is no error on updating with Discover on Manjaro ARM on Plasma Desktop.
- Error notification is present on any of our Plasma Mobile images.
So I tried simply removing the PK_OFFLINE_UPDATE variable on one of our images and updated it via Discover. Success.
So remove the file that exports the variable, so we get a working Discover application on Plasma Mobile. This disables the ability to do Offline Updates, but I figure there most be a reason for Arch to disable that KCM in their Discover package. Likely because it does not work correctly with libalpm.
So in my mind we have 2 options.
- Disable Offline Updates (what this MR does)
- Don't use Discover on Plasma Mobile (not gonna fly with KDE people)
Signed-off-by: Dan Johansen email@example.com